Winter is Coming!!! Are you ready to XC Ski?
1. Breathe independently (i.e., not require medical devices to sustain breathing).
2. Independently maintain sealed airway passages while under water.
3. Independently hold head upright without neck / head support.
4. Manage personal care independently or with assistance of a companion.
5. Manage personal mobility independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance.
6. Follow instructions and effectively communicate independently or with assistance of a companion.
7. Independently turn from face-down to face-up and remain floating face up while wearing a properly fitted life jacket.
8. Get on / off or in / out of a kayak or canoe independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance.
9. Independently get out and from under a capsized kayak or canoe.
10. Remount or reenter the kayak or canoe following deep water capsize independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance.
11. Maintain a safe body position while attempting skills and activities listed in the course outline, and have the ability to recognize and identify to others when such efforts would be unsafe given your personal situation.
I'm committed to accommodating your needs so that you can get out and enjoy the great outdoors! These criteria are for your safety and mine. Please drop me a line if you have any questions about your abilities.